Your iPhone is something that hangs around with you pretty much wherever you go. For the many who own this device, it’s easily their most valuable commodity, constantly keeping them updated and connected to the online world.
If you happen to be one of the many iPhone owners, you probably already know of the plethora of accessories to go along with your sleek smartphone— but it’s tricky to determine which ones are worth spending your hard-earned money on.
The iPhone already does 50 million things, so why would you need accessories?
That’s a good question, since not all accessories are created equal, and some are a waste of money. Assuming you can find something of quality, what you might find useful for your iPhone will depend largely on how you use it.
Therefore, a good accessory should appeal to a wide array of users, and not just a select few.
Here are some accessories that should do a good job of that:
1. Apple TV — Anything that plays on your iPhone can be quickly and easily played on Apple TV, with literally just one click of a button. Airplay allows you to push music, movies, internet video and other media right to your Apple TV-equipped television set.
Apple TV is an excellent product that is worth your money, and makes a great pal for your iPhone.
2. Protective Case such as a Otterbox — Most people have cases for their iPhone, although there is a small percentage of purists who prefer to go without one. If you don’t mind the idea of a case, it’s probably better to have one than to not, since the iPhone has a pretty sleek body that can be dropped easily.
It’s also got a screen that can crack easily when dropped, so if you don’t mind the bulky case, try something like an Otterbox that’ll absorb some impact and damage.
3. Solar Powered Charger — If you’re ever in a situation where you’re without power, such as when camping, having a solar charger can be extremely handy. They’re pretty small and inexpensive, and they can even draw a charge from a small amount of candlelight.
4. Car Mount — If you have an iPhone 4s or later edition, the addition of Siri makes it a lot safer to use your phone in the car, especially if you have a bluetooth system that allows you to use your phone’s microphone through your car’s speaker system.
Being able to mount your phone on the dash is the best way to take advantage of this, and most phone mounts usually aren’t that expensive. A car mount is also a great accessory to have if you utilize your phone’s navigation system often.
5. Docking Speaker — You iPhone speaker is great quality for being so small, but when you really want to listen to something, it’s better to have a docking station where you can turn the volume up and get a clearer sound from what you are listening to.
Apple docking stations and speakers are available in many different design, but something simple will do the job, as all you need is a little amplification.
Getting what you’ll actually use.
When considering what iPhone accessories to buy, it can be tempting to pick up everything you see just because you own an iPhone. Try and avoid that temptation as much as possible, and only get what you think you’ll actually use.
Base your decision about what accessories to get from how you use your phone on a daily or even weekly basis. For instance, if you’ve never wanted to play music or videos through your TV, then don’t bother with an Apple TV.
On the other hand, if you drop your phone frequently and want to protect it, invest in a protective case.
Without a doubt, Apple has revolutionized the smartphone experience, allowing users to enjoy their marketplace apps, music and movies in a completely different way. Just make sure that once you’ve made your purchase of a particular accessory, that you haven’t ended up with something that won’t add to the experience of using your iPhone.
Marcela De Vivo is a freelance writer from So California who writes about several various topics, including technology, business marketing, travel and health. She loves using many of the accessories made for her iPhone. Follow her on Twitter and Facebook today!